DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
FIREFIGHTING, FIRE ALARM, AND FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS FOR
INLAND AND COASTAL LARGE TUG (LT)
FM-200 SYSTEM, SERVICE
Tools and Special Tools:
One Watercraft Engineer, 88L
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Item 1, Table 2,
Cloth, Abrasive (Item 1, Table 1, WP 0050 00)
Dry Cleaning Solvent (Item 2, Table 1,
Gloves, Chemical and Oil Protective (Item 7,
Table 3, WP 0049 00)
Rags, Wiping (Item 6, Table 1, WP 0050 00)
G o g g l e s , I n d u s t r i a l ( I t e m 9 , Ta b l e 3 ,
An annual recertification is required for the FM-200 system. Notify the maintenance
supervisor if annual recertification is necessary.
1. Visually inspect the flexible actuation hoses for loose fitting, damaged threads, cracks, distortion cuts, dirt,
and frayed wire braid. Tighten loose fittings and/or replace hoses that have any stripped threads or any other
damage. If necessary, perform the cleaning procedure described in the paragraph below.
2. Visually inspect the adapters, couplings, and tees at the FM-200 cylinder pilot outlets for tightness. Tighten
the loose couplings if necessary.
3. Visually inspect the FM-200 cylinder pressure operated control heads for any damage, deterioration, corro-
sion, cracks, dirt, and loose couplings. Tighten the loose couplings and/or perform the cleaning procedure
described in the paragraph below, as necessary.
4. Visually inspect the FM-200 cylinder and valve assembly for leakage, physical damage such as cracks,
dents, distortion, and/or worn parts. Report any discrepancies to the maintenance supervisor. If necessary,
perform the cleaning procedure described in the paragraph below.
5. Visually inspect the FM-200, CO2, and nitrogen cylinder brackets, straps, cradles, and mounting hardware for
loose, damaged, or broken parts. Repair any discrepancies found, or report them to the maintenance super-
visor. If necessary, perform the cleaning procedure described in the paragraph below.
6. Visually inspect the CO2 and nitrogen actuation lines and support brackets for continuity, physical damage,
loose fittings, cracks, and/or cuts. Tighten loose fitting, replace damaged parts, and/or perform the cleaning
procedure described in the paragraph below, as required.