6-29. MAIN BEARINGS AND CRANKSHAFT - Contlnued
(30) Align tabs (27) with slots (28) and install bearing shells (29) making sure both ends of bearing shells
are flush with bearing cap mounting surfaces (30).
(31) Install two thrust washers (31) on rear bearing cap (11) so that grooved sides of thrust washers point
away from bearing cap.
(32) Apply oil (item 10, Appendix E) to crankshaft front and rear main bearing journals (32).
Serious injury could occur if heavy equipment is moved/lifted
without sufficient personnel to do the job. Use proper physical
lifting procedures or use a suitable lifting device or dolly. Wear
safety shoes, gloves and other suitable protective clothing. Area
should be clear of other personnel. Serious injury or death can
result from falling objects.
(33) Attach suitable lifting device to crankshaft (2).
(34) Guide crankshaft (2) while operating lifting device to
(35) Push crankshaft (2) to front and install thrust washer (33). Push crankshaft to rear and install other