6-29. MAIN BEARINGS AND CRANKSHAFT - Contlnued
Serious injury could occur if heavy equipment is moved/lifted
without sufficient personnel to do the job. Use proper physical
lifting procedures or use a suitable lifting device or dolly. Wear
safety shoes, gloves and other suitable protective clothing. Area
should be clear of other personnel. Serious injury or death can
result from falling objects.
(25) Guide crankshaft (2) while operating lifting
device to remove crankshaft.
(26) Remove two remaining upper bearing shells
(16) from bearing surfaces (21) at front and
rear of engine block (22).
(27) Remove two thrust washers (23) from rear
bearing surface (21).
(28) Align tab (24) on upper bearing shell (1 6)
with slot (25) on engine block rear bearing
(29) Install bearing shell (16). Make sure both
ends of bearing shell are flush with bearing
cap rnounting surfaces (26). Install another
bearing shell on front bearing surface.