6-6. FIRE PUMP - Continued
Removal of Complete Pump Body.
(1) Complete transmission removal procedure (see para
(2) Disconnect aerial plumbing and pump flange.
and support aerial plumbing (2).
b. Disconnect discharge valve rod (3).
(3) Disconnect tank discharge plumbing.
a. Separate flange from pump body.
b. Remove eight 3/8" bolts.
Support discharge plumbing.
(4) Remove tie straps from tubing and wires to allow for tubing and wires to be removed with pump.
(5) Support the pump with a suitable jack.
(6) Remove four bolts and nuts from pump mounting angles.
(7) Carefully move pump side-to-side to gain access to suction adaptor bolts.
a. Remove eight 3/4" bolts (1) per adapter (2) (total 16).
b. Remove suction adapters.
(8) Carefully lower pump down between frame rack. Be aware of attached tubing and wires.
Truck should be raised or supported by floor hoist or jack.