6-70. HOIST CYLINDERS-Continued
(7) Remove and discard two piston seals (11) from piston (6).
(8) Remove nut (7) and O-ring (12) from rod (4).
(9) Remove nylon plug (13) from tube assembly (2).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid
repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact
with the liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear eye protection and
protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138
deg. F (38 to 59 deg. C).
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E).
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed
against the skin. Do not use compressed air for cleaning or
drying unless the pressure is/has been reduced to 30 psi 2.11
kg/cm 2) or less. When working with compressed air, always
use chip guards, eye protection and other personal protective
(2) Dry all parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect inside of tube assembly (3). If it has deep grooves, score marks, or is severely damaged,
(4) Inspect rod (4). If rod is bent, grooved, or pitted; replace it. Minor scratches can be removed using
(5) Inspect gland (2) and piston (6). If gland and/or piston are cracked or broken; replace it (them).
(6) Inspect rod lug (5). If rod lug is cracked or broken; replace it.