6-41. BLOWER DRIVE
This task covers:
b. Cleaning and lnspectiond. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Fuel Pump Removed (see para 5-16.)
(1) Remove two screws (1) and lock washers (2) and remove support (3) with attached parts from
engine. Remove and discard gasket (4).
(2) Clamp support in a vise with soft jaws.
(3) Remove the three bolts (5) securing the drive gear hub (6) and flex plates (7) to the blower drive
(4) Remove the flex plates (7) and blower drive gear hub (6) as an assembly from the gear. If
necessary, the flex plates (7) may be removed from the hub (6) by removing three bolts (9).
(5) Straighten the lugs on washer (10) and remove nut (11). Remove thrust washer (12) and thrust
(6) Remove gear assembly (14) from support.