6-40. REAR ACCESSORY DRIVE - Continued
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid
repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact with
the liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment or other
ignition sources. Always wear eye protection and protective
clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138 deg. F (38 to 59
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E) and dry thoroughly.
(2) Check the teeth on the drive plate and drive coupling for wear and damage.
(3) Inspect drive gear for wear and damage.
(4) Replace all damaged parts.
(1) Align holes in drive plate (6) with holes in camshaft gear. Install drive plate on gear and secure with
four self-locking screws (7). Torque screws (7) to 45 to 50 lb ft (61 to 68 N.m).
(2) Install drive coupling (5) and drive gear (4) with gear teeth of coupling meshing with teeth in bore of
(3) Install a new gasket (3) and drive adapter (2) on flywheel housing. Secure adapter with four screws
(1). Torque screws (1) to 30 to 35 lb ft (41 to 47 N.m).
d. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Install power steering pump (see para 5-26).