6-39. WATER PUMP DRIVE - Continued
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid
repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact
with the liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment or
other ignition sources. Always wear eye protection and
protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 1 00 to 138
deg. F '(38 to 59 deg. C).
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E) and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect gear for wear and damage. Inspect teeth for cracks and broken teeth.
(3) Inspect nut for damaged threads.
(4) Replace all worn or damaged parts.
(1) Install balance weight (7) on gear (1) and secure with two screws (6). Tighten screws securely.
(2) Install spacer (4) on end of camshaft. Install key (5) in groove in camshaft.
(3) Slide gear (1) on camshaft with slot in gear engaging key (5).
(4) Install lock washer (3) and nut (2) on camshaft to secure gear. Torque nut (2) to 300 to 325 lb ft
(407 to 441 N.m).
d. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Install Water Pump (see para 5-25).