6-34. ENGINE BRAKE RETARDER - Continued
(1) Apply lubricating oil (Item 1O, Appendix E) to master piston (1).
(2) Install master piston (1) and fork assembly (2) in bottom of supply housing (3).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid injury or death, keep away from open fire and
use in well-ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap
(3) Apply sealing and lubricating compound (Item 31, Appendix E) to screw (4) and install lockplate
assembly (5) and screw on housing (3). Tighten screw to 50 lb in (5.5 N.m).
(4) Apply lubricating oil (Item 1 0, Appendix E) to slave piston (6) and piston spring (7). Install slave piston
(6) and spring (7) in supply housing.
(5) Align tab on spring retainer (8) and slot in supply housing (3). Press spring (7) and spring retainer (8)
into supply housing until retainer is just below retaining ring groove (10). Install retaining ring (11) to
secure parts in housing.