6-34. ENGINE BRAKE RETARDER - Continued
(6) Carefully remove retaining ring (15).
Slowly release force from spring retainer
(14) and release slave piston spring (13).
(7) Remove spring retainer (14), spring (13)
and slave piston (16) from supply housing
(8) Remove screw (17), lockplate assembly
(18) and fork assembly (19) from supply
housing (3). Remove master piston (20).
(9) Disassemble the drone in the same
Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dan-
gerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of
vapors and skin contact with the liquid. Do not use
near open flame, arcing equipment or other ignition
Always wear eye protection and
protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 1
00 to 138 deg. F (38 to 59 deg. C).
(1) Clean housings and parts with solvent
(2) Inspect housing for cracks and damage.
(3) Check springs for bent and cracked
(4) Inspect valve and piston for wear and
damage to surfaces.
(5) Replace all damaged or worn parts.