6-34. ENGINE BRAKE RETARDER - Continued
(1) Remove screw (1) and cover (2) from supply housing
(2) Remove springs (4 and 5) and control valve (6) from
The solenoid valve is installed on the supply
(3) Remove solenoid valve (7) from housing. Remove seals (8 and 9) from solenoid valve. Remove
seal (10) from housing (3). Discard seals.
(4) Remove nut (11) and setscrew (12) from housing.
Slave piston is retained by a spring under compression.
Spring can be discharged and cause personal injury.
(5) Turn the supply housing over. Use a press or other type of pressure to depress spring retainer (14)
and hold spring (13) in position.