6-29. MAIN BEARINGS AND CRANKSHAFT-Continued
(26) Install seven screws (18) and washers
(19). Tighten screws finger tight.
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can
burn easily, can give off harmful vapors, and are
harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or
death, keep away from open fire and use in well-
ventilated area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing, wash
immediately with soap and water.
(27) Apply small amount of compound (Item 37, Appendix E) to threads of ten screws (17A) and surfaces
of stabilizers (16 and 17).
(28) Install ten screws(15).
(29) Strike bearing caps (12) with soft-face hammer.
(30) Tighten eight screws (15) on four front bearing caps (12) to 50 Ib-ft (68 N·m) starting with the middle
(31) Strike bearing caps (12) with soft-face hammer and tighten eight screws (1 5) to 110 Ib-ft (149 N·m).
(32) Strike bearing caps (12) with soft-face hammer and tighten screws (15) to 230 to 240 lb-ft (312 to 325