ENGINE - Continued
(57) Before performing start up, fill all air reservoirs with shop air. Connect shop air to the connection on the
right hand side of the pump body. Charge all tanks to 100 psi. Remove ground wire from fuel shutoff
solenoid. This ensures positive fuel shutoff. Crank engine several times till engine oil pressure Is
registered on instrument panel gage.
(58) Reconnect ground wire to shutoff solenoid.
(59) Recheck coolant level in radiator. Add coolant (item 2, Appendix B) as required.
(60) Start engine. Run for 5 minutes at idle. Observe and listen to engine running. Record areas for further
inspection and repair.
(61) Conduct a recheck of all systems. Add fluids as required (Refer to step 56). Correct and repair
problems recorded during initial run period.
(62) Start engine and run for 30 minutes at 1500 rpm. The engine should be observed at all times so that
any malfunction which develops will be detected.
(63) Shutdown engine, repair any components and refit all other equipment to truck.