ENGINE - Continued
(24) Clamp the splined end of the shaft in the soft jaws of a vise and tighten the bearing bolt (3) to 19 it lb (26
(25) Bend the tang of the lockwasher (4) against the head of the bolt (3).
(26) Place a new gasket (2) into the housing. Coat the threads of plug (1) with pipe sealant (item 22,
Appendix B) and tighten plug to 45 ft lb (61 Nm).
(27) Rotate the governor weight assembly to check there is no bind. If it does bind, remove the housing plug
and be sure the weight shaft bearing (5) is fully seated in the governor housing.
(28) Install governor on engine as detailed in INSTALLATION preceding.
Governor Linkage And Operating Shaft Repair
Governor must be removed from engine
to carry out repair.
Remove the governor from engine as
detailed in REMOVAL preceding.
Remove governor weight shaft as
detailed in Governor Weights And
Bearing Repair preceding.
Remove the spring retainer (1) and
plain washer (2) and remove the
connecting link (3).
Remove the spring retainer (6) and
differential lever (5).
Remove starting aid screw (14) and
Remove the gap adjusting screw (13)
and nut (12).