ENGINE - Continued
Water Pump - Continued
(9) While pushing on pump cover (15), install
snap ring (14). Be sure it seats in the
(10) Install winterization hoses to valve block as
tagged in step 5 of REMOVAL preceding.
Tighten clamps securely.
(11) Install hose (6) between oil cooler pipe (7) and water pump housing (3). Tighten hose clamp securely.
(12) Install hose (4) between radiator pipe (5), and water pump housing (3). Tighten hose clamps securely.
(13) Install hose (1) between thermostat cover
(2) and water pump housing (3). Tighten
hose clamps securely.
(14) Refill radiator, start main engine and check
for leaks. Tighten/remake connections as
(15) Stop engine after 2 minutes and top up
(16) Restart engine and allow It to reach full
working temperature. Watch for leaks as
pressure builds. Stop engine if leak is
detected and repair.
(17) When engine has run at full operating temperature for 5 minutes shutdown and allow to cool. Recheck
Water pump must be removed from truck. See REMOVAL preceding. Water pump can be repaired
using one of three methods:
Replacing seals and individual components as required, and repairing impeller (Use kit 5197279).
Replacing impeller assembly, which has new insert installed, and replacing seals and individual components as
required (Use kit 5197279 plus impeller 5101168).
Replacing all internal pump parts using reconditioning kit 5149407.