4-17. PUMP DRIVE AND PTO - Continued
(3) Disconnect the solenoid valve to PTO high
pressure line (1) at the PTO (3) Plug line
(4) Tag and disconnect wiring (5) to pressure
(5) Remove the lubrication line (6) from the
PTO Inspection plug (7) Plug line and fitting
Serious injury could occur if
heavy equipment is moved/lifted
without sufficient personnel to do
the job. Use proper physical
suitable lifting device or dolly.
Wear safety shoes, gloves and
other suitable protective clothing.
The PTO is mounted on the
torque converter housing. A large
amount of fluid will be trapped in
both housings. During PTO
removal use care to drain trapped
fluid into a clean pan.
(6) Remove the nuts (8) and lockwashers (9)
that retain the PTO (3) to the torque
converter housing (10).
(7) Remove the PTO (3) from the torque
converter housing (10). It may be
necessary to break the seal between the
PTO housing and the torque converter
housing using a soft hammer.
(1) Inspect mounting studs for damage as
described in para. 4-9 Replace damaged
studs using a stud extractor.