4-12. CAB - Continued
4-12.8 Heater Unit - Continued
d. Blower Motor Repair
Blower unit may remain in truck. The blower motor is a non-repairable item and must be
replaced if defective. This instruction details repair of either motor.
(1) Remove screen (3), ring (4), and blower wheel (6) as detailed in steps 1 and 2 of Blower Wheel Repair
(2) Tag and cut wires (9 and 10) as well as the colored
blower motor wires. Cut the wires as close as possible
to the butt splices.
(3) Remove nuts (7), washers (8), and motor (11).
(4) Install new motor (11) and attach to housing using
washers (8) and nuts (7). Tighten nuts securely being
careful not to overtighten.
(5) Connect wires (9 and 10) as tagged, using new butt
(6) Install blower wheel (6), ring (4), and screen (3) as
detailed in steps 4 and 5 of Blower Wheel Repair (c.