GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
FIREFIGHTING, FIRE ALARM, AND FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS FOR
INLAND AND COASTAL LARGE TUG (LT)
FIRE DETECTION SYSTEM, TEST
One Watercraft Engineer, 88L
One Manufacturer Trained Certified Technician
Set to ON the FIRE DETECTION SYSTEM circuit
breaker in 120V engine room emergency distri-
bution panel No. 1.
DA Form 4640
Fire detection system set for normal operation
DA Form 4993
ANNUAL CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. A manufacturer trained certified technician shall inspect and test all fire detection system components in-
cluding the smoke detectors and thermal fire detectors, as well as the equipment located within the fire and
smoke detection panel (control module, power supply, battery charger/pack, the dual zone, time delay, meter,
and relay modules).
2. After the inspection is completed, the manufacturer trained certified technician shall certify the fire detection
system and complete the manufacturer's certification records.
3. The crew shall post the forms near the applicable fire detection system for inspection or audit purposes.
4. The manufacturer trained certified technician shall affix a signed and dated tag to the system.
5. The crew shall annotate the vessel's DA Form 4640 (Harbor Boat Deck Department Log for Class A&B
Vessels) and DA Form 4993 (Harbor Boat Engine Department Log for Class A and C-1 Vessels) indicating
the results of the firefighting systems tests.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0039 039102 -1lank
0 0- / 0 b