GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
FIREFIGHTING, FIRE ALARM, AND FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS FOR
INLAND AND COASTAL LARGE TUG (LT)
FIREFIGHTING SYSTEM, TEST
DA Form 4993
Two Watercraft Engineers, 88L
DA Form 4640
1. Operate the AFFF pump, diesel engine-driven firefighting pump, the fire detection system, the firefighting
system, the FM-200 fire suppression system, and the water washdown system (WP 0005 00).
2. Check the firefighting piping, valves, fittings, and hoses for any indication of leakage.
3. Replace any leaking component as required and retest the pump(s) and/or the firefighting systems that had
the leaks in the above step.
ANNUAL CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. After the inspection is completed, perform the Hydrostatic Test Hose and Coupling Pressure Test procedure
contained in FM 55-502.
2. Make the appropriate log entries in DA Form 4640 (Harbor Boat Deck Department Log for Class A&B Ves-
sels) and DA Form 4993 (Harbor Boat Engine Department Log for Class A and C-1 Vessels) indicating the
results of the firefighting systems tests.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
00380038 /00-1 nk
00-1 2 bla