FIREFIGHTING, FIRE ALARM, AND FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS FOR
INLAND AND COASTAL LARGE TUG (LT)
FIRE DETECTION SYSTEM, REPLACE
One Watercraft Engineer, 88L
Fire Watches as Required
The purpose of this work package is to outline the steps that must be accomplished by
the operator prior to the shutdown and subsequent removal of the fire detection system.
PREPARATION FOR REMOVAL
While the fire detection system is secured, fire watches must be posted through-
out the vessel to monitor for the presence of fire or fire conditions. Failure to
comply can result in death or serious injury to personnel and serious damage to
1. Post fire watches as required throughout the vessel.
2. Verify that portable lighting is available to the work area.
Removal of the fire detection system requires all power to be secured to the vessel
because of the location of the fire alarm panel.
3. Verify that all required preparations are made for securing power to the vessel (TM 55-1925-273-10).
4. Notify the maintenance supervisor that the system is ready for replacement.
5. After replacement has been completed and the system has been tested, secure the fire watch and return the
system to normal operation (WP 0005 00).
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0014 00-1/2 blank