When the smoke has cleared, restart the ventilation supply fans in high speed.
d. When all smoke is cleared and air quality is at normal levels, return all ventilation fans to their normal
e. Ventilate the engine room for at least 15 minutes before proceeding to the cleanup phase.
4. After the engine room has been ventilated and has cooled down, wash down the engine room interior and all
equipment with fresh water.
Bilge water which has been exposed to FM-200 fire extinguishing agent while
extinguishing a fire shall be classified and treated as hazardous waste.
5. Use the oily water collection system to remove all contaminated bilge water from the engine room. Discharge
this contaminated water only to a suitable treatment facility.
6. Return the equipment to the desired readiness condition.
PRESSURIZE FIRE MAIN
1. Align fire and general service pump no. 1 as the online fire and general service pump (TM 55-1925-273-10).
2. CLOSE valve FM-17, FIRE/G.S. PMP NO. 1 DISCH TO FM (figure 13, item 1).
3. OPEN valve FM-16, FIRE/G.S. PMP NO. 1 DISCH TO FM (figure 13, item 2).
Figure 13. Pressurize Fire Main