6-44. OIL PUMP INTAKE
This task covers:
b. Cleaning and lnspection d. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Oil Pan Removed (see para 5-27.)
(1) Remove two nuts (1), lockwashers (2), flat washers (3) and screws (4) and remove brackets (6 and 7).
(2) Remove screws (5), screen (8), cover (9) and gasket (10). Discard gasket.
(3) Remove two screws (11), lockwashers (12), and spacers (13) and remove oil inlet pipe (14).
Remove gasket (15). Discard gasket.
(4) Inspect brackets (6 and 7). If brackets are damaged, remove brackets.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid
repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact
with the liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment or
other ignition sources. Always wear eye protection and
protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138 deg.
F (38to 59deg. C).
(1) Clean all components in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E).
(2) Check screen (8) for holes and damage. Replace screen if damaged.
(3) Inspect cover (9) and inlet pipe (1 4) for cracks and damage. Replace unserviceable parts.
(1) Install brackets (6 and 7) on engine and secure with screws (4), flat washers (3), lock washers (2) and
(2) Install new gasket (15) and place oil pump inlet pipe (14) in position on engine. Secure inlet pipe to
crankshaft front cover with two spacers (13), lockwashers (12) and screws (1 1).
(3) Place new gasket (10) on inlet pipe (14) and install cover (9) and screen (8). Secure screen with two