Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed
against the skin. Do not use compressed air for cleaning or drying
unless the pressure is/has been reduced to 30 psi (2.11 kg/cm 2)
or less. When working with compressed air, always use chip
guards eye protec- tion and other personal protective equipment.
(1) Clean exterior of injector with solvent (Item 3, Appendix E) and dry with compressed air.
(2) Inspect injector for dents, cracks and damage. Check for evidence of leakage.
(3) Inspect fuel tubes for bends and cracks. Replace tubes if damaged.
(4) If injector is damaged or has not been working properly, do not attempt to disassemble or repair
injector. Replace injector assembly and forward original injector to General Motors Corporation for
repair and rebuild.
(1) Add diesel fuel to injector inlet filter (1) to fill injector.
(2) Remove cover from fuel injector mounting hole in cylinder head.