4-50. PUMP DRAIN VALVE - Continued
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E).
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is
directed against the skin. Do not use compressed air for
cleaning or drying unless the pressure is/has been
reduced to 30 psi (2.11 kg/cm 2) or less. When working
with compressed air, always use chip guards, eye protec-
tion, and other personal protective equipment.
(2) Dry all parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect bore of body (7) for nicks and scratches caused by sand and dirt in the water being
pumped. Use emery cloth (Item 25, Appendix E) to remove any raised metal near abrasions.
Replace body if required.
Drain hoses must be removed to replace body.
(1) Coat new O-ring (9), new u-cup packings (12), and new quad ring (10) with silicone grease (Item
11, Appendix E).
(2) Assemble new plunger (13) and end cap (8).
(3) Install plunger (13) in body (7).
(4) Slide end cap (8) over stem (3) and seat in body.
(5) Install new groove pin (11).
(1) Position bracket (6) over flange of body (7).
(2) Secure bracket (6) with bolts.
(3) Insert end of control cable eyelet (14) in slot of stem (3) and secure with new cotter pin (1).
(4) Adjust control cable (2) if necessary to be certain that the plunger (13) bottoms in body (7) with
f. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).