4-50. PUMP DRAIN VALVE
This task covers:
c. Cleaning and Inspection f. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
(Appendix B, Section III, Item 1)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
Dry Cleaning Solvent (Item 3, Appendix E)
Repair Kit (Figure 37, Appendix F)
Access for pump drain valve is from beneath truck.
(1) Locate pump drain valve by operating handle for pump drain valve on street side operators
(2) Remove and discard cotter pin (1).
(3) Remove control cable (2) from valve stem (3).
(4) Remove capscrews (4) and lockwashers (5).
(5) Remove bolts securing bracket (6).
(6) Separate bracket (6) from valve body (7).
(1) Remove plunger (13) and end cap (8) as assembly.
Remove and discard plunger.
(2) Remove and discard O-ring (9), quad ring (10), and
groove pin (11).
(3) Remove and discard two u-cup packings (12).
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolong d
breathing of vapors and skin contact with the
liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing
equipment or other ignition sources. Always
wear eye protection and protective clothing.
The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138 deg.
F (38 to 59 deg. C).