4-11. SOFT SUCTION HOSES
This task covers:
If there is even suspicion of damage to sleeve or couplings,
(1) Visually inspect hose (1) for jacket damage, deep cuts, mildew, chemical damage or holes.
(2) To inspect swivel gaskets (2) remove gaskets and pinch together between the thumb and index
finger; check for cracks, creases, and general elastic deterioration.
(3) Install gaskets in hose.
(1) To pressure test hose, cap hose end a d connect to a water pressure source.
(2) Gradually increase pressure to 300 psi (2057 kPa) and hold for 5 minutes.
(3) Check hose for leaks and/or distortion of sleeve.
(1) Replace hose if found defective during inspection or testing.
(2) Replace gaskets if damaged or defective.