ENGINE MOUNTING REPLACEMENT.
This task covers:
General Safety Instructions
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Transmission in (N) neutral.
Parking brake and micro-brakelock set.
a. Front Engine Mounting Assembly.
When raising or supporting the engine
for any reason, do not use a jack under
the oil pan, any sheet metal or
crankshaft pulley. Due to the small
clearance between the oil pan and the
oil pump screen, jacking against the oil
pan may cause it to be bent against the
pump screen, resulting in a damaged
oil pickup unit.
(1) Support the engine with a suitable jack,
being careful not to "load" the engine
(2) Remove the engine mounting through bolt
(1) and nut (2).
(3) Raise the engine only enough to permit
removal of the engine mounting.
(4) Remove the mounting assembly bolts (3),
and washers (4).
(5) Remove the mounting assembly (5).