HOSE BODY - Continued
Splash Guard Repair
fasteners (1, 2), or plate (4).
The procedure below may be used to repair any splash
(1) Remove locknuts (2) and capscrews (1)
that retain splash guard (3) and plate (4) to
compartment box (5). Gain access to
locknut from inside compartment box.
(2) Separate plate (4) and splash guard (3)
from compartment box.
Error! Not a valid filename.
(3) Inspect capscrew as detailed in para 2-7. Discard locknuts.
(4) Inspect splash guard (3) for torn mounting holes or gashes in rubber. Replace as necessary.
If new splash guard is to be installed, use plate (4) as a template to drill mounting holes. Aline upper edge
of plate with upper edge of splash guard. Drill mounting holes to 17/64 in. (6 75 mm).
(5) Lift splash guard (3) and plate (4) into position. Aline mounting holes and install four capscrews (1) and
locknuts (2). Tighten locknuts to 7 ft lb (10 Nm).
Fender repair is limited to replacement
of failed components. The procedure
below may be used to replace any
(1) To remove rubber fender (1), remove
19 capscrews (3) and locknuts (4). Discard
(2) Separate the fender plate (2) and rubber
fender (1) from fender skirt (5).
inspect capscrews as detailed in para. 2-7.
(4) Examine fender plate (2) for oversized mounting holes or cracks. Replace as necessary.
(5) Examine fender skirt (5) for damage such as dents, oversized holes, or cracks Replace as necessary.