HOSE BODY - Continued
Hose Body Assembly - Continued
(6) If fender skirt (5) needs to be replaced, remove lockbolt (7) and lockbolt collar (6), see para. 2-7.
(7) Apply a 1/8 in. (3 mm) bead of sealant (item 25, Appendix B) on fender skirt and compartment box mating
(8) To install fender skirt (5), lift into position between compartment boxes. Install new lockbolts as detailed in
(9) To install new rubber fender either use fender plate (2) or fender skirt (5) as a template to mark out mounting
holes. Drill 19 mounting holes to 17/64 In. (6.75 mm).
(10) Aline new fender (1) and fender plate (2) with fender skirt (5). Install 19 capscrews (3) and locknuts (4).
Torque locknuts to 7 ft lb (10 Nm).
Compartment Matting Repair
There is no compartment matting repair. If any compartment matting is damaged or missing replace it
(1) Remove all equipment from compartment box, and remove damaged compartment matting.
(2) Cut desired size of compartment matting from matting roll. Use following illustration and legend to determine
size needed for a specific compartment box.