4-28 ENGINE - Continued
b. Filter Cover Replacement
(1) Carry out Filter Cartridge Replacement
steps 1 and 2.
(2) Remove capscrews (2) and washers (3)
securing filter cover (4) to engine block.
(3) Remove and discard old gasket (5). Be
sure to remove all material from engine
(4) Line up new cover and gasket with engine
block mounting holes.
(5) Attach to engine using capscrews (2) and
Repair to the mounting block consists
of replacing the pressure relief valve.
(1) Remove the plug (1) and gasket (2), or the
screw (3) and retainer (4) and withdraw the
spring (5) and bypass valve (6).
(2) Clean and inspect the parts for wear. If
necessary, install new parts.
(3) Reassemble and install the bypass valve.
Tighten the bypass valve plug to 105 ft lb