4-28.1 Old Filter
This task covers
Tool Kit, General Mechanic, Automotive,
Main Engine Shutdown (see para. 2-10)
RH Engine Cover Removed (see para. 4-12.11)
Pump Body and Front Heat Shield Removed
(see para. 4-11)
Turret Water Discharge Pipe Removed (see para.
17, Appendix E Lubricating Oil
25010495 Oil Filter
The main engine oil filter is mounted on the front right hand of the engine.
a. Filter Cartridge Replacement
(1) Unscrew the filter (1) using a filter removal
(2) Remove from the engine and discard in a
combustible waste area.
(3) Coat the seal gasket of a new filter
cartridge lightly with clean oil (item 17,
(4) Install the cartridge and tighten it to one-
half turn beyond gasket contact.
(5) Check main engine oil level. Top
up/replace oil as required.
(6) Start the engine and check for leaks.
Tighten the filter as required. Recheck
engine oil level.