4-18. PUMP, PIPING, AND VALVES - Continued
(7) Remove the gear clamps (11, 12) and the
primer hoses (10, 13).
(8) Disconnect the tachometer cable from the
Serious injury could occur if heavy
sufficient personnel to do the job. Use
proper physical lifting procedures or use
a suitable lifting device or dolly. Wear
safety shoes, gloves and other suitable
(9) Using a dolly type hydraulic jack, support
the pump mounting bracket (17) at its
(10) Insert a block of wood between the frame
side member and the mounting channel.
(11) Remove the four capscrews (14) and
locknuts (15) that retain the mounting
channel (16) to the pump mounting
bracket (17). Discard the locknuts
(12) Remove the four capscrews (18) and
mounting bracket (17) to the frame side
member (20) Discard the locknuts.
(13) Remove the two outermost capscrews retaining the pump to the mounting bracket. Remove the pipe
clamp from the suction pipe support bracket and remove the support bracket.
(14) Carefully maneuver the pump (21) while lowering the dolly type hydraulic jack to the ground it may
be necessary to turn the pump on the jack saddle during lowering to provide enough clearance to remove
(15) Lift the pump (21) and pump bracket (17) onto a clean workbench.
(16) Remove the two capscrews (23) and locknuts (24) that retain the pump (21) to the pump mounting
bracket (17) Discard the locknuts.