4-18. PUMP, PIPING, AND VALVES.
4-18.1 Fire Pump.
This task covers
Shop Equipment, Automotive
2, Appendix E Antifreeze
Maintenance and Repair,
14, Appendix E Gasket Eliminator
20, Appendix E Penetrating Oil
Water Tank Drained (see para. 2-13)
All Piping Drained
Main Engine Shutdown (see para. 2-10)
PERSONNEL REQUIRED - 2
APU Shutdown (see para. 2-12)
Batteries Disconnected (see para. 4-24)
Pump Body and Hose Body Heat Shields Removed (see para. 4-11)
Reducer Gear To Pump Drive Shaft Removed (see para. 4-17.3)
Winterization Heater Exhaust Removed (see para. 4-19.1)
(1) Remove pump compartment door (A).
(2) Open compartment door (B) and remove all
(3) Remove rear plate (C).
(4) Drain the primer reservoir. Open the
draincock (9) on the primer housing and allow
the antifreeze to drain into a clean drain pan.
If the piping fasteners are excessively
corroded, apply penetrating oil (Item 20,
Appendix E) to ease disassembly.
(5) Remove the capscrews (1) and washers (2)
that retain the suction tee (4) to the pump (3).
Discard the washers.
(6) Remove the eight capscrews (5) and locknuts
(6) that retain the pump discharge elbow (7) to
the pump volute body (8). Discard the