c. Telescope Mount, M149/M149E1
Mount must be removed from installed position
for purging and charging operations. Refer to ap-
pendix A for a listing of applicable publications.
Figure 3-15 M149/M149E1 Telescope Mount
(1) Remove inlet port cap and outlet screw on M149
Telescope Mount. Do not remove poppet valve on M149E1
(2) Perform purging and charging procedure para
2-5.b for M149 and para 2-5.a for M149A1.
(3) Purge M149 Telescope Mount at 5 psig and
M149E1 Telescope Mount at 3 psig. Maintain pressure for
(4) Charge instrument at 1 psig for 40 seconds.
(5) Leak test for a minimum of 5 minutes.
d. Telescope, Mount, M187 (fig. 3-16).
HANDLE WITH CARE. IN THE EVENT
THE RADIOLUMINOUS SOURCE IS
BROKEN, CRACKED, OR SUDDENLY
LOSES ILLUMINATION, DO NOT AT-
TEMPT TO REPAIR. IMMEDIATELY
DOUBLE WRAP INSTRUMENT IN PLAS-
TIC AND NOTIFY THE LOCAL RADI-
ATION PROTECTION OFFICER (RPO).
Figure 3-16 M187 Telescope Mount
Perform purging and charging procedure para
Relief valve should open between 3-10 psig.
Purge instrument for 5 minutes.
Relief valve should close between 1-5 psig.
Leak test for minimum of 5 minutes.