16. Maximum allowable parallel misalignment is 0.150 in (3.80 mm). If the parallel misalignment exceeds this
specification, the misalignment must be corrected. Parallel misalignment is corrected by loosening the pump
mounting bolts (figure 1, item 6), fabricating shims from shim stock, and placing the shims between the pump
mounting pads and the pump mounts. After adjusting the alignment, tighten the pump mounting bolts and
perform steps 13-16 until the misalignment is within the maximum allowable misalignment specifications.
17. It is frequently necessary to adjust both the angular and the parallel alignment several times before the
correct alignment is obtained. Once the proper angular and parallel alignment measurements are obtained,
tighten the mounting bolts (figure 1, item 6), and check the measurement again.
18. Once the final alignment has been obtained and checked, remove the dial indicator from the pump drive
19. Install the pump drive shaft (figure 1, item 7) and secure it in place with the 24 bolts (figure 1, item 6).
20. Install the shaft guard (figure 1, item 5) and secure it with the four bolts (figure 1, item 1), four nuts (figure 1,
item 2), four flat washers (figure 1, item 3), and four new lockwashers (figure 1, item 4).
21. Remove the lockouts and tagouts (FM 55-502).
22. OPEN the cross-connect valve FM-13, F.F. TO F.M. CRSVR.
23. Operate the diesel-driven firefighting pump (WP 0005 00) and observe that the pump operates normally
without leakage, abnormal vibration, or unusual noises.
24. Return the equipment to the desired readiness condition.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0034 034506 -5lank
0 0- / 0 b