Use extreme caution when working around the rotating pump shaft. Do not allow
hands or tools to come in contact with the shaft. Do not wear loose clothing,
jewelry, or anything else, which might become entangled in the shaft. Failure to
observe these precautions may result in death or serious injury.
The relief valve must be adjusted under operating conditions. Ensure that steps 1-3 are
performed prior to adjusting the relief valve.
16. Turn the adjusting screw (figure 5, item 4) clockwise in ½ turn increments until the relief valve lifts at the proper
17. Repeat steps 12-16 until the relief valve lifts at 190 PSI (13.1 bar).
18. Tighten the lock nut (figure 5, item 3), and recheck to discharge pressure.
19. Press the STOP button (figure 6, item 6) on the AFFF pump motor controller (figure 6, item 2).
20. Set to OFF the ON/OFF switch (figure 6, item 1) on the AFFF pump motor controller (figure 6, item 2).
21. Shut down the diesel engine-driven fire pump (WP 0005 00).
22. Install a new gasket (figure 5, item 2) in the seal cap (figure 5, item 1).
23. Return the equipment to the desired readiness condition.
END OF WORK PACKAGE