- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Solvent cleaning compound MIL-PRF-680 Type II and III may be irritating to the eyes
and skin. Use protective gloves and goggles. Use in well-ventilated areas. Use
respirator as needed. Accidental ingestion can cause irritation of digestive tract
and respiratory tract, may cause lung and central nervous system damage. Can be
fatal if swallowed. Inhalation of high/massive concentrations can cause coma or be
fatal. First aid for ingestion: do not induce vomiting. Seek immediate medical
attention. First aid for skin contact: remove contaminated clothing. Wash skin
thoroughly with soap and water. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. First
aid for eye contact: flush with water for 15 minutes or until irritation subsides. If
symptoms persist, seek medical attention. First aid for inhalation: move to fresh
air. If not breathing, provide artificial respiration. If symptoms persist, seek
medical attention. Keep away from open flames and other sources of ignition.
Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
The flashpoint for Type II solvent cleaning compound is 141 to 198ºF (61 to
92ºC) and Type III is 200 to 241ºF (93 to 116ºC).
Improper cleaning methods and use of unauthorized cleaning solvents may
injure personnel and damage equipment.
Fire extinguishers should be placed nearby when using solvent cleaning
compound. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death.
Cloths or rags saturated with solvent cleaning compound must be disposed
of IAW authorized facilities' procedures. Failure to follow this warning may
result in injury.
Eye shields must be worn when cleaning with a wire brush. Flying rust and
metal particle may cause injury.