SWIVEL - Continued
Lift swivel (11) off of flange (13).
Remove and discard O-ring (12) from flange (13).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid repeated and
prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact with the liquid. Do not use near
open flame, arcing equipment or other ignition sources. Always wear eye
protection and protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138 deg. F
(38 to 59 deg. C).
(1) Use a lint free cloth (Item 42, Appendix E) moistened with dry cleaning solvent (item 3, Appendix
E) to wipe exterior surfaces of swivel.
(2) Visually inspect swivel for evidence of hydraulic fluid or water leakage and check electrical
Swivel must be returned to manufacturer for repairs if necessary.
(1) Lubricate new O-ring (12) with multi-purpose grease (Item 17, Appendix E) and install on flange (13).
(2) Carefully set swivel (11) onto flange (13).
(3) Install four screws (8), eight washers (9) and four nuts (10).
(4) Install retainer (7) and secure with two screws (6).
(5) Remove shipping and sealing caps from hoses and parts in swivel and connect pressure and return
hoses to swivel.
(6) Connect swivel ground wire and eleven wires to three terminal boards in control console and
twelve wires to two terminal boards in torque box.
(7) Lubricate new seal (4) with multi-purpose grease (Item 17, Appendix E) and install it on elbow (5).
(8) Pivot elbow (5) to align it with top of swivel, and slide seal (4) down elbow (5) to seal joint of swivel
and joint of elbow.
(9) Install two clamps (3), screws (1), and nuts (2).
d. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).