This task covers:
b. Cleaning and Inspection
d. Follow-on Maintenance
Tool Kit, General Mechanics, Automotive
Main Engine Shutdown (see para 2-12.)
APU Shutdown (see para 2-16.)
Batteries Disconnected (see para 4-114.)
Aerial Water Pipe Drained
Hydraulic Pressure Relieved
(1) Remove two screws (1) and nuts (2) to remove clamps (3).
(2) Slide seal (4) up onto elbow (5) and pivot elbow 90 to allow removal of swivel. Slide seal off elbow
(3) Tag and disconnect twelve swivel wires from two terminal boxes in torque box.
(4) Tag and disconnect cleves swivel wires from three
terminal boards in ladder control console.
(5) Tag and disconnect swivel ground wire.
(6) Tag and remove pressure and return hoses from swivel. I
(7) Plug parts in swivel and cap hoses with shipping and sealing
(8) Remove two screws (6) and retainer (7).
(9) Remove four screws (8), eight washers (9) and four