6-78. LADDER ASSEMBLY - Continued
Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid repeated and
prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact with the liquid. Do not use near
open flame, arcing equipment or other ignition sources. Always wear eye
protection and protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138 deg. F
(38 to 59 deg. C).
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E).
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed against the skin.
Do not use compressed air for cleaning or drying unless the pressure is/has been
reduced to 30 psi (2.11 kg/cm 2) or less. When working with compressed air,
always use chip guards, eye protection and other personal protective equipment.
(2) Dry all parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect, repair or replace water pipes (see para 4-201).
(4) Perform a magnetic inspection of ladder sections (see para 4-9).
(5) Inspect electrical and tension cables (see para 4-9).