6-75. MAIN HYDRAULIC PUMP - Continued
(37) Remove O-rings (45,46 and 47) and back-up rings (48, 49 and 50) from spool sleeve (43) -discard
(38) Remove retaining ring (51) from housing (2).
(39) Withdraw assembled shaft (52) and bearing (53) from housing.
Support inner race of ball bearing (53) when pressing shaft (52)
out of it.
(40) Remove retaining ring (54) from shaft (52) and press shaft out of ball bearing (53).
(41) Remove retaining ring (55) from shaft.
(42) Remove retaining ring (56) from housing (2) to remove shaft seal (57). Discard seal.
(43) Remove servo plug (58) with O-ring (59) from housing (2).
(44) Remove servo spring (60) and servo piston (61) from housing (2).
(45) Remove and discard O-rings (62 and 59).
(46) Unscrew and remove plug (63) from side of housing (2) for access to orifice plug (64).
(47) Withdraw orifice plug (64) from housing (2).
(48) Remove plug (66) from housing (2).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid
repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact
with the liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear eye protection and
protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138
deg. F (38 to 59 deg. C).
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E).
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed
against the skin. Do not use compressed air for cleaning or
drying unless the pressure is/has been reduced to 30 psi (2.11
kg/cm ) or less. When working with compressed air, always use
chip guards, eye protection and other personal protective
(2) Dry all parts with compressed air.