6-74. SWING CROSSOVER RELIEF VALVE MANIFOLD BLOCK-Continued
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid
repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact
with the liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear eye protection and
protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138
deg. F (38 to 59 deg. C).
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E).
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed
against the skin. Do not use compressed air for cleaning or
drying unless the pressure is/has been reduced to 30 psi (2.11
kg/cm ) or less. When working with compressed air, always use
chip guards, eye protection and other personal protective
(2) Dry all parts with compressed air.
(3) Visually inspect threads on parts removed for damage. Replace all parts with damaged threads.
(4) Visually inspect all tapped holes and O-ring seal counterbores in manifold block (10). Replace block if
any threads are damaged.
(5) Check that passages in manifold block (10) are not blocked as detailed in para 4-9.
Apply hydraulic oil (Item 28, Appendix E) to all threads and to all
seals before installation.
(1) Install restrictor pipe plug (9).
(2) Install four adapters (7 and 8).
(3) Install new seal kit on three relief valves (6) and install valves.
(4) Install new seal kit on two single pilot check valves (5) and install valves.
(5) Install new seal kit on shuttle valve (4) and install valve.
(6) Install two 900 swivel fittings (3).
(7) Install two hollow hex plugs (1) and seven hex head plugs (2).