6-73. SWING BRAKE-Continued
Note the order in which friction discs (11) and separator plates
(12) are stacked. They must be installed in the same order to
prevent unit from overheating.
(6) Remove shaft (13), friction discs (11), separator plates (12), and spacer (15).
(7) Remove six base bolts (16), base (17), and base gasket (18). Discard gasket.
(8) Remove and discard seal (19).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Discard all gaskets, O-rings, and seals.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid
repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact
with the liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear eye protection and
protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138
deg. F (38 to 59 deg. C). (2) Clean all components in dry
Death or serious injury could occur if compressed air is directed
against the skin. Do not use compressed air for cleaning or
drying unless the pressure is/has been reduced to 30 psi (2.11
kg/cm ) or less. When working with compressed air, always use
chip guards eye protection and other personal protective
(3) Dry all parts with compressed air.
(4) Inspect bearings (20 and 21) and shaft (13) as detailed in para 4-9.
(5) Remove and replace bearings (20 and 21) as needed.
(6) Inspect friction discs (11), separator plates (12) and piston (4) for excessive wear.
(7) Inspect springs (5) for damage.