b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all hoses and fittings with a clean, dry, lint free cloth (Item 42, Appendix E).
(2) Inspect hoses for fraying, wear and deterioration. Check connections to hose fittings.
(3) Inspect fittings and hoses for evidence of leakage.
(4) Replace any damage or deteriorated hose assemblies.
(1) Install tee (26) and plug (27) in engine. Install sensor (25) in tee and connect wires to sensor.
(2) Install tee (24) and adapter (18) in fuel pump.
(3) Install adapter (22) in engine and connect tee (21) to adapter. Install sensor (20) in tee and
connect wiring harness to sensor.
(4) Install bushing (19) and elbows (17 and 18) in cylinder head. Install elbow (13) and tee (15) in
cylinder head and install elbow (14) and adapter (16) in tee.
(5) Install four bulkhead fittings (3) in bracket (11). Secure bulkhead fittings with four nuts (1 2).
(6) Install assembled bracket on water pump and secure with two screws (10).
(7) Connect hose assembly (9) to bulkhead fitting (3) and to elbow at cylinder head.
(8) Connect hose assembly (8) to bulkhead fitting (3) and to elbow in cylinder head.
(9) Connect hose (7) to fitting in cylinder head and to bulkhead fitting (3).
Connect one hose assembly (6) to fittings in cylinder heads.
Connect other hose assembly (6) to fitting block on electronic control unit and to fitting at fuel
Connect hose assembly (1) to fitting block on electronic control unit and to bulkhead fitting (3).
Install lock washer (5) and screw (4) to secure hose clamp to engine.
d. Follow-on Maintenance.
(1) Install thermostat housing (see para 4-137).
(2) Install fuel system piping and fuel filters (see para 4-130).
(3) Install heater hoses and fittings (see para 5-31).
(4) Install engine enclosure panels (see para 4-127).
(5) Connect batteries (see para 4-114).