(16) Place head bottom side up on a table and remove
exhaust valve seats (cages) (1 6) using a 9/16" Allen
(18), washer (19) and exhaust valve stop (19A).
Discard the washers.
Be extremely careful to avoid
scratching machined surfaces.
95)remove the inlet valve cages (20), inlet valve
springs (21), inlet valves (22), inlet valve seats (23),
and washers (24). Discard the washers.
(19) Clean gasket surfaces and inspect for damage.
(20) Remove six 9/16" hex head bolts (25) and
(21) Tap block lightly with a brass or plastic hammer to
loosen, if necessary.
(23) Remove and discard gasket (29).
(24) Clean gasket surfaces and inspect for damage.
(25) Turn crankcase (28) on its side to expose connecting
rod to crankshaft bolts (30). Remove bottom cover
(26) Mark the rod caps (31) to insure they are returned to
the same rod (32) from which they are removed.
(27) Turn crankshaft so that one connecting rod is at
bottom of its stroke. Remove rod bolts.