6-55. GEAR UNIT AND MAIN SHAFT ASSEMBLY - Continued
(18) Engage shaft of reamer and shaft assembly with pilot tool.
Keep reamer rotating at full drill speed when pulling back
through bushing. If reamer is not rotating at full drill speed,
bushing could be damaged.
(19) Using 1/2-in. (13 mm) electric drill, machine bushing in approximately 75 to 150 rpm while adding
lubricating oil in bore at sides of sun gear shaft (9).
(20) Check inner diameter of bushings for runout. Runout must not exceed 0.002 in. (0.05 mm) total
indicator reading. Surface finish should be 30-microinch (0.762 micrometer).
(21) Thoroughly clean sun gear shaft (9) of chips and debris.
(22) bearing (10) on rear carrier assembly (11).
(23) Position rear carrier assembly (11) on transmission drum (12).
(24) Install retaining ring (13).