6-35. IDLER GEARS - Continued
(1) Remove and discard six nylon patch screws (1).
(2) Remove retainer (2) from idler gear assembly (3).
Mark parts of matched idler gear bearings if they will be reas-
sembled and used again. Do not scratch or damage bearings.
(3) Place idler gear assembly (3) in press with outer bearing cone (4) supported on steel blocks.
Idler gear assembly must be rotated during disassembly to
prevent damage to bearing cones.
(4) Rotate idler gear assembly (3) while pressing idler gear hub (5) out of bearing cones (4 and 6).
(5) Remove idler gear assembly (3) as a unit from the press.