6-32. PISTON, CONNECTING ROD AND LINER - Continued
Cylinder liner may come out with piston.
(7) Push piston (1), connecting rod (7) and bearing shell (8) out through engine block (9) and another
person removes piston from engine block.
(8) Place bearing cap (5), upper shell (6), lower shell (8), and two nuts (3) back on two
bearing cap screws (4) to keep matched parts together.
(9) Remove seven remaining pistons (1) and connecting rods (7).
(10) Turn engine stand to place cylinder head bank facing up.
(11) Matchmark cylinder liner (2) and engine block (9).
Crankshaft may have to be turned to allow C for clearance of special tool.
Using cylinder liner removal tool (Appendix B, Section 111, Item 44), remove liner (2).