6-31. FLYWHEEL HOUSING AND REAR OIL SEAL- Continued
(28) Remove and discard gasket (53) from
engine block rear end plate (54) and
flywheel housing (1).
Crankshaft must be clean and smooth or oil seal lip
will be damaged when flywheel housing is installed.
Polishing motion should be clockwise around end
(29) Polish end of crankshaft (55) with crocus
(30) Lubricate gear train teeth (56) with
(31) Remove four aligning studs from engine
(32) Remove lifting eyes.
(1) Install two lifting eyes.
(2) Set flywheel housing (1), engine side down,
on flat surface.
(3) Install new crankshaft oil seal (2) numbered