6-15. INJECTOR TUBES - Continued
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is potentially dangerous. Avoid
repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors and skin contact
with the liquid. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment or
other ignition sources. Always wear eye protection and
protective clothing. The flash point of P-D-680 is 100 to 138
deg.F (38 to 59 deg. C).
(11) Wash injector tube (1) with dry cleaning solvent
(12) Lubricate reamer blades while reaming injector
Counterclockwise reaming will damage reamer
blades and injector tube.
(13) Ream injectortube (1) clockwise.
(14) Clean filings from injectortube (l).
(15) Repeat steps (11) through (14) until protrusion gauge is flush ± 0.014 in. (0.36 mm).
(I6) Clean injector tube (1) with dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E).
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30
psi (207 kPa). Use only with effective chip guarding and
personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc.)
(17) Dry with compressed air.
(6) Install cam followers and push rods (see para 6-22).